Terms and Conditions
- All fees must be paid in advance of the start date of the course.
- Swimmers will not be allowed to participate in any swimming lessons until the fees are paid in full.
- All payment to be made directly to bank or cheque (payable to Debra’s Little Fish) or cash.
- Any bank charges we receive for returned payments will be charged at a rate of £20.00
- Debra’s Little Fish do not offer refunds or ‘catch-up-lessons’ for lessons missed or for removal of children from the swim school.
- Where lessons are cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control, we will try to reschedule them for the end of the same term, if this is not possible a credit will be given towards the next set of lessons
- It is imperative that all swimmers are on poolside no more than 5 minutes before the commencement of their lesson.
- A parent/guardian should be in attendance throughout children’s lessons.
- Please aim to arrive 10 minutes before your child’s lesson to ensure you/they are ready for a prompt start.
- Debra’s Little Fish will not accept liability for the loss of or damage to any personal effects brought to any session.
- With the above in mind, please ensure that no valuable items are brought to the swimming lessons.
Parking on School Grounds
- Please note that the school is a very busy place and parking on school premises as entirely at the owners risk.
- Please refrain from parking in minibus spaces.
- In the event of a swimmer, parent, guardian, sibling or other associate refusing to obey an instruction from a member of staff, behaving in an unruly manner towards a member of staff or any other person, or causing damage to pool premises or any of the furniture fixtures or equipment in those premises, the swimmer shall not be permitted to continue with the lessons. In light of the above action Debra’s Little Fish shall then have the right to terminate the contract without further notice and without being required to offer any credit or refund to the swimmer and the swimmer shall not be accepted for any future course organised by the company.
Condition of Pool Premises
- Whilst Debra’s Little Fish will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the condition of the pool premises, including the changing rooms, washing facilities, the pool and poolside area are in suitable condition, they do not accept liability for any injury to a swimmer which may be caused by any defect and further advise that any claim arising from such a defect must be addressed to the proprietors of the pool premises.
Transmission of Infections
- Any swimmer known to be or found to be suffering from any infectious ailment or condition will not be allowed to participate in the lesson and it is the responsibility of each swimmer or (in the case of a child swimmer) the parent or guardian of the swimmer to ensure that the swimmer is fit and well enough to participate. Debra’s Little Fish will not accept liability for any infection passed to a swimmer by another swimmer on the course or in the pool.
- Parent/Guardian must not approach poolside unless asked to do so by a child’s Teacher
- Parent/Guardian must ensure all children are kept away from poolside until their teacher calls them forward for their lesson.
- Parent/Guardian must not allow any child, including siblings to walk/play around the perimeter of the pool.
- Parent/Guardian must not assist in the teaching of a child during a lesson.
- Parent/Guardian must ensure that swimmers are changed in the correct changing rooms provided, not poolside.
- Parent/Guardian must remain on the premises whilst their child is in lessons (in the event of an evacuation).
- Parent/Guardian must ensure that their child has been toileted before lessons
- Parent/Guardian must remain realistic about your child’s abilities and do not over expect. Much harm can be done when children consistently fall short of their parents expectations.
Rules and Regulations
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- No swimmer should enter the Pool Area without a member of Debra’s Little Fish staff being already present.
- There must be no food or drink in any of the pool facilities. Swimmers, siblings, parents and guardians are expected to observe the School’s no smoking policy.
- There must be no recording, filming or photographic equipment including mobile phones with camera facilities used in the School. This is in accordance with the Swim School and child protection rules.
- By agreeing to a course with the company you agree to the Terms and Conditions laid out above.